Biomedical Equipment Technician BMET II: Lab Assistant
MediSend's Biomedical Equipment Technology School is seeking a Biomedical Equipment Technician II for a Lab Assistant position with significant BMET experience, good communication skills, passion and demonstrated ability to provide technical support in a BMET School. The Lab Assistant will work under the supervision of senior staff.
- Inspect, repair, maintain, and calibrate multiple types of basic clinical equipment, devices, systems, and instruments in the BMET School.
- Provide support to instructors in the areas of testing, inspection and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Participates in and conducts on-the-job training programs regarding technical, administrative, and customer service requirements.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on a wide range of biomedical equipment devices according to the BMET School policies, procedures and industry-recognized standards
- Documents all actions and test results according to department policy, using computerized maintenance management software applications and other standard office software applications.
- Assist in preparing and developing new curriculum.
- Minimum 2 years working knowledge/experience in the repair and maintenance of a range of basic types of medical equipment.
- Associate's Degree in Biomedical Equipment Technology, Electronics or related field. Bachelor degree or higher education a plus.
- Proficiency with electronic test equipment. Knowledge of electronics, including solid state technology. Ability to read and interpret schematics, diagrams, specifications, and illustrative drawings.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and database management systems.
Applicants must submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching;
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.