MediSend's Biomedical Equipment Technology School invites applicants to apply for the position of Teaching Assistant. The BMET School seeks to attract exceptional candidates with interest and passion for teaching. Recommended background: engineering, physics, clinical laboratory or radiology technologies.
Teaching Assistant will report to Dean of Education and perform such tasks as administering quizzes and exams, keeping records, programming assignments, and managing and developing projects for the class. In addition, the TA will assist with class demonstrations, prepare lab and class sessions, teach class or lab sessions as requested by the instructor, and complete an end-of-session evaluations and inventory. Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Biomedical, Electrical, Computer Science, or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Biomedical Physics, Applied Physics is required. Must possess a strong background in physics and engineering principles, and electrical/electronic theory.
- Masters' or PhD in Physics or Engineering is highly preferred.
- Experienced/proficient in troubleshooting basic problems with software and hardware.
- Some experience with analytical and/or medical instrumentation.
- Some proficiency with electronic test equipment.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) and database management experience.
Applicants must submit all of the following to email@example.com to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching;
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.