Biomedical Equipment Technician BMET III or Instructor
MediSend's Biomedical Equipment Technology School is seeking a highly qualified full-time faculty member who is committed to provide technical instruction and leadership for US veterans, as well as national and international students participating in the BMET Program. Primarily the Biomedical Equipment Technician/Engineer or Instructor will instruct BMET School's trainees in the proper operation and maintenance of patient care equipment, do repairs and inspections of biomedical equipment, monitors the work of BMET interns, and provides on-the-job training.
- Instructs BMET students in the field of equipment technology, with emphasis on installation, operation, engineering principles, troubleshooting and repair of biomedical equipment.
- Provides in-service/on the job training for BMET students, school and contract personnel on the operation and maintenance of biomedical equipment.
- Performs scheduled preventive maintenance (PM) on a wide range of biomedical equipment devices according to BMET School policies, procedures and industry-recognized standards and documents all actions and test results according to department policy, using computerized maintenance management software applications and other standard office software applications.
- Refurbishes and performs operational, safety, and performance tests of clinical equipment.
- Assist in preparing and developing new curriculum.
- Modify and keep current course curriculum, laboratory procedures and demonstrations for a continuing education program that addresses the safe and effective use of medical equipment.
- Provide expert advice, consultation and guidance in biomedical engineering matters and support field activities as requested by management.
- Bachelor Degree or above in Biomedical Engineering or related field and 3 (three) years relevant experience in maintenance and repair work on a wide range of hospital equipment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a trainer, instructor or customer support specialist in biomedical technology or related subjects.
- Diploma in Biomedical Technology or Engineering, with minimum of 3 (three) years relevant work history as a BMET III or IV in maintenance and repair is also acceptable.
- CBET, or CRES, or CLES certification is preferred.
- Past experience as an instructor in military BMET, electronics or appropriate technology programs is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of JCAHO, FDA, AAMI, AHA, and ECRI standards andâ€¨practices.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Excellent presentation and public speaking skills are required.
Applicants must submit all of the following to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this position:
- A letter of application addressing how the applicant meets the qualifications and responsibilities, and addressing the applicant’s philosophy of teaching.
- A detailed résumé or a current curriculum vita that emphasizes educational preparation, professional experience, and abilities related to the position.